- Terry Sumerlin, Conference Speaker and Author, Powerful People Connectors: (3) 1 hour sessions = 3 PDU; leadership
- Hisham Anwar, Founder of Bright Bytes, on the Future of Data: 1.5 hours = 1.5 PDU; technical
- Dr. Dean Kashiwagi, Best Value Procurement: 1.5 hours = 1.5 PDU; technical
PMI Montana Chapter - Terry Sumerlin
Dean T. Kashiwagi, PhD, PE, IFMA Fellow, Director, Adjunct Professor, Retired Full Professor
Performance Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG) Kashiwagi Solution Model, Inc. (KSM)
SKEMA Business School
CIB W117 Performance Measurement in Construction
Editor of W117 Journal “Advancement of Performance Information and Value”
Contact Info: (480) 313-4488 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Dean Kashiwagi is an innovator and a researcher of “cutting edge technology” in the areas of project management, risk management, procurement, and performance information. His accomplishments include:
- Most prolific researcher that at the Del E. Webb School of Construction at Arizona State University (ASU) with $18M of research funding solely from the private sector.
- Author of the Information Measurement Theory (IMT), Performance Information Procurement System (PIPS), the Best Value Approach (BVA), and the Performance Information Risk Management System (PIRMS), which has been used in 2,000 tests in 9 different countries delivering $6.6B of services in construction, services and information technology.
- Responsible for the licensing of the Best Value Approach (BVA) intellectual property (IP) at Arizona State University (ASU), which is the most licensed IP at ASU in the history of ASU [64 licenses].
- Owner of the Performance Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG).
- Performed research at ASU College of Engineering, at the SKEMA Business School Project Management dBA program, and with the CIB W117 working commission.
- Creator of Barrett, The Honors College’s most successful and popular class, “Deductive Logic and Leadership”. The principles of the class teach students to minimize thinking, decision making and complexity to increase understanding of reality.
Dr. Dean Kashiwagi’s research area is a technology made for the future. It replaces the human cognitive process (thinking and decision making) of project/facility/supply chain managers with a simple structure of alignment rules. The BVA allows project/facility/supply chain managers to increase their responsibilities and create value, while reducing their workload and cost.
SPEAKER YOUTUBE CHANNEL: CLICK HERE
Hisham Anwar is a technology entrepreneur and leader with 22 years of cross-sector experience leading technology strategies in transportation, finance, social media, gaming, and education. He is the Founder and CEO of BrightBytes, an award-winning market leader in educational data management and predictive analytics. BrightBytes is used to improve learning for 12M+ kids across 15,000 schools globally. Hisham has extensive M&A experience having completed 3 company acquisitions in addition to selling his cloud data integration platform to Microsoft which is now part of Microsoft cloud offering.
In his spare time, Hisham is an active angel investor (16 investments) and works with Techstars, MIT (alma mater), and UC Berkeley to mentor and advise new entrepreneurs building technology businesses that improve the world. He also sits on the board of iearn.org, a digital project-based learning platform with 2M daily active learners across 125 countries. Hisham holds degrees in technology and management from Boston University and MIT.