PMI offers a comprehensive certification program for project practitioners of all education and skill levels. While there are several credentials offers through PMI, your chapter puts much of its focus on helping members achieve their PMP. When you are unable to qualify for a PMP due to lack of required experience, the CAPM is an excellent way to demonstrate and understanding of project management frameworks.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) ® PMI’s PMP credential is the most important industry- recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects. Learn more about the PMP credential and whether you qualify by visiting the PMI-PMP page.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ® PMI’s CAPM is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. Whether you are new to project management, or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM can get your career on the right path or take it to the next level. Learn more about the CAPM credential by visiting the PMI-CAPM page.
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) ® The PMI-ACP recognizes knowledge of agile principles, practices and tools and techniques across agile methodologies. Earning the ACP certification will demonstrate your knowledge of and commitment to this rapidly growing approach to project management.
Other PMI Certifications
To learn about other PMI certifications that are available please visit the PMI Certifications page.
Ready to get Certified?
- Montana Chapter's Exam Prep Bootcamp - The Montana Chapter offers a three day exam prep class suitable for CAPM or PMP candidates. Learn more.
- Other Exam Prep Boot Camps - Can’t wait for the next Montana Chapter exam prep course? There are many other offerings available within our region (most of the in-person offerings will require travel outside of the state, but there are online options available as well). Typical offerings are around a week long and help to prepare you to take the exam. They are a bit spendy and focus on taking the exam over learning but can certainly help out in a pinch.